Friday, January 08, 2010

Celebrity and Ghosts

The title of a show caught my eye around Hallowe'en, so I set up a series recording and just kind of forgot about it until the other night.

I'm really enjoying catching up with Celebrity Ghost Stories. The stories of Justine Bateman, Sammy Hagar, Ernie Hudson, etc. are really great and very well told. I think, as well as preserving the 'spooky tales' tradition, it hearkens back to the oral tradition of which I've spoken. I like the stories told around a campfire because, whether believable or not, they 're fun.

But this isn't to say that I confuse the lore with the actual account of paranormal experiences. There are telltale signs that a story belongs to the realm of folklore -- and I'll address them in another post.

Anyway, what have I been up to since I last posted?

I've given readings, one per week to keep a balance between home and work, and I've convalesced. I've been sick since the beginning of November. Tomorrow, I will start my 2nd course of antibiotics.

No comments: