Wednesday, June 29, 2005

O, Ms. Vanderbilt!

I feel confident that she did not foresee this one particular point of etiquette (at least, not specifically), so I must address it myself:

Please don't email/call your regular psychic for "one quick question" and expect him/her to respond without compensation.

(I'm not talking about the people who write to me through this blog. That is a different matter.)

Really, one couldn't expect to contact a lawyer and ask for "one quick affidavit" without expecting to pay for it, right?

Frankly, if I were to respond to each and every request, it would amount to spending all of my time answering questions for free.

I want to help. I really do. This is why freebie requests create discomfort.

Where are MY manners?

Thank you to the person who recently reviewed my blog. I'm glad that you enjoy it.

No comments: