Saturday, June 11, 2005

Guess Who...

Scully has had the lion's share of 'paranormal' experiences today.

He yelled up the stairs while I was in the bath. He knew that the baby was napping (and that we really like it when she is napping), so, I thought, it must be important.

"I think the ghosts want you."

"Huh?"

The cabinet door (behind where he had been sitting in the dining room) had popped open without impetus.

"It wouldn't even close," he explained.

Then, after my bath and while the baby was eating her lunch, I stood outside the back door. My husband was setting up his mitre saw.

The security alarm went off at the front door, then the doorbell rang. Thinking that it was my father-in-law, I ran to the front door and swung it open to find nobody. I peeked around each corner (he could have been hiding) but, still, the porch held no visitor.

"That's just...bizarre," he opined. Then, with a shrug, he added, "Better find out what they want."

No comments: