Monday, February 02, 2004

Who Wants to Live In a Haunted House?

Besides me, I mean. Today, I trampled through knee-high wet snow and stood waiting outside for the owners of a private residence to arrive. (Did I mention that the temperature was sub-zero?) I kept telling myself that it was all in a day's work.

Wet, cold and shaky, I ended up walking through a house that a couple wanted to buy. They had heard that it was haunted but wanted to see what I thought. They are a very nice couple and I wanted to help them.

"Yep, it's haunted," I concluded.

"There's nothing dangerous here," I added. "If you don't mind the occasional event, I don't see a problem."

"That's just it," the wife said. "I don't want to live in a haunted house."

The owners were quite open about the troubles with their ghost. A man asked me, "Are you the one they brought to sense the entities?"

"Yes, I am." Put on the spot, but, wotthehell, I am not ashamed of what I do.

"So," he pressed me. "Do you sense anything?"

"As a matter of fact, I do. Nothing too serious, though."

Unfortunately, the house had a terrible ambiance about it. The wife was "creeped out" by this and I don't know if they will take it.



No comments: