Thursday, February 12, 2004

Tarot Card Reading

Of my last few readings, one from yesterday stands out. She was a young woman, 20-ish and full of life. It was quite refreshing to hear her written list of questions for me. Most people ask exclusively about themselves and very close family or friends but she asked dozens of interesting, impersonal questions such as: "Is Michael Jackson guilty?" The questions about herself were very good, too: "What can I do to improve myself?"

She was not in crisis, not unusually frightened about the future. This is quite a departure: usually, people are afraid of the unknown (and this is why scammers and fraudulent psychics get me very angry) and come looking for something that only a psychic can give.

I want people to walk away feeling empowered. I never tell them what to do or what to believe. When she left, there was a spring in her step and digital recording of our session in her hand.

No comments: