Sunday, March 06, 2005

Holding Up, Hanging In

Wow, babies are incredible and absolutely demanding, darling little creatures. I can't believe how much my life has changed in a month. For one thing, I am up at 4 or 5 a.m. daily. That never used to happen. For another thing, there is this amazing little being demanding my utmost attention at all times. What is more, I don't seem to have much time for myself. Because I also run a business, I have professional responsibilities. I must say, however, that a bath feels absolutely luxurious when I get to have one. I also have a very helpful husband: Scully changes diapers, plays with and tends to her needs very wonderfully when not at work.

I was finally able to resolve the scheduling conflicts and now have a babysitter for my reading days.

There has been no time to read and no time to watch cool movies though my movie pal assures me that she is holding my place for me. I need to get to a movie soon.

Though much of my learning lately has revolved around baby, I've learned some startling professional things as well: I'm considered "famous" by people in the city and surrounding regions. It is true that people have come from way up north and from far south, but I didn't take it to mean that I was "known". Strange, as I've said before, as long as I FEEL anonymous, I'm ok with it.

Every now and then, however, something intrudes on my feeling of anonymity. This time, my sister related a conversation she had with some of her new acquaintances:

"My sister is a professional psychic and she's on television, radio, etc. a lot."

"Oh, yeh? What's her name?"

My sister's answer garnered this:

"Oh, she's your sister? I've heard she's good."

Well, now my blushing commences for having typed this, I'm still shocked. I always am.

Always one to make me laugh, my sister asked if I ever had the feeling that people are staring at me. "Well, they sometimes are!"

No comments: