Monday, March 21, 2005

Dublin - Malahide Castle

I need to make mention of a good little article that describes Malahide Castle, the oldest inhabited castle in Ireland:

...its 800-year-old family history is haunted with many
unseen and unknown spirits and their presence is made to believe in
every room.


I always wanted to live in a castle while growing up. It just seemed...fitting. My life was naturally filled with so many gothic elements that no one could have blamed me.

At any rate, it would have been difficult to heat, nigh impossible to decorate with any great fidelity to its originating architectural period and my interest in the gothic is now pretty much confined to literature and film. I do have to admit, however, that I love a good thunder-and-lightening storm.

Here is the said article printed in the Economic Times of India.

No comments: