Sunday, January 30, 2005

Uncomfortable Relay

I think I've mentioned that I have ghosts in my dreams? Well, I'm completely aware in my dream that I am speaking with a ghost and I have total recall of the experience. Unfortunately, this happens many times a week and I sometimes don't get a lot of sleep. Thankfully, I'm pretty used to it and it doesn't scare me.

One night, I fell asleep and "Don" appeared to me. He walked quickly past me in a darkened hallway. He was tall, portly, dressed in jeans and a blue t-shirt. He was also bald and loved motorcycles. Middle-aged.

Anyway, he said, "Tell her I love her!"

"Um, ok, but who are you?"

"It's Don," he said as if I should have known.

"Well, how will she know that I spoke to you?"

At this point, he pulled out a gun, stuck it in his mouth and pulled the trigger. I woke up instantly.

The next day, I was going to be seeing a friend (whom I didn't know very well at all). I struggled with the idea of telling her about "Don". Finally, I couldn't take it anymore and I pulled her aside.

"Er, did you have an uncle who died?"

"Yes."

"Was his name Don?"

She was more interested now. "Yes," she said.

"Was he, um, kind of big, bald and middle-aged? Liked motorcycles?"

"Yes, yes!" Her eyes were absolutely wide.

This was the hardest part. "Did he commit suicide? With a gun?"

"Geeezuz," she said, "that's him. Why do you ask??"

"He says to tell you he loves you."

No comments: