Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Lost Tarot

Last week, I discovered that my daughter had drawn in pen over the backs of the tarot deck that I use during readings. It's really cute but I had to explain to people during readings that the marks had no significance to the reading other than that it meant I hadn't been careful enough.

I discovered the artistic impressions quite by accident. There were no bits of evidence to suggest that the deck had been tampered with at all: It was neatly put away in my "office caddy". (She is extremely neat and orderly, like Scully.)

It's my favourite deck. I hardly use the tarot, really, but, among my dozens of different decks, I like this one the best. So, I had to concede to Scully that I couldn't keep using it professionally and I ordered another, similar deck. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the exact deck. Oh, well.

Hopefully, it'll arrive today.

1 comment:

Suzie Ridler said...

What a shame you had to replace the deck. I use tarot all the time, it's nice to meet someone else who reads the cards on a part-time basis. I've been inspired to look for new cards lately, especially after reading your post.